Tuesday 18 August 2009

My LOVE/HATE Relationship



Why is it that I have such a problem being motivated to exercise when I know it is the main way that I can slim down to near pre-pregnancy weight? (Near being the operative word. Gotta be realistic here.)



I know that eating healthy is such a huge part of the optimal lifesyle...but sometimes you don't want a pear for dessert, you want ice cream. (Sometimes, okay all the time.) And what are you supposed to do when blueberries are on sale for $0.99? Blueberry muffins with streusel topping are crying out to be made!



I try to make exercise fun by learning the hula and other such methods, but I still can't be consistent, which is the key.



If this article in time magazine is correct, and I do feel what you injest affects us in greater ways that we believe, then why does it all matter anyway, UGH!

2 comments:

The Pritchard Party said...

Kelly, I know what you mean. I'm constantly hungry for sweets and fat and carbs! I'm so scared I'm going to gain instead of lose! haha.

But seriously, I'm pretty sure that article in time magazine is a lie. Obviously you can't eat COMPLETELY unhealthy and lose weight, but I think exercise has a greater effect on weight loss than just focusing on your eating does. That's pretty much the reason I exercise (or try to) is so I can eat whatever I want and not get fat.

Stacy said...

That article is a bunch of lies Kells Bells. lies I tell you! Exerise is good for you no matter what and it makes you feel like a champ. And you need your treats! Just eat smaller portions or less times per week. And if I want dessert for real, I don't have a pear, maybe strawberries with Cool Whip, but not a pear!...a few chocolate chips usually do the trick!