Sunday 22 March 2009



Not only was my last post lame, but I didn't follow it up with anything for three weeks. Sheesh. Well, here's a new development. My fabulous husband, David, was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes this week. What the random. Apparently it isn't that random because it really runs in his family. Wish I would have asked for copies of the family health records before we fell in love. Oh well. He still doesn't have it regulated. We are in the process of figuring it all out. He feels okay, just has to give himself shots of insulin several times a day now. The hard thing about it is that it is so permanent. But he has such a great "take what you are given and roll with it" kind of attitude. Many worse things could happen. Meanwhile, Kai is kicking up a storm. We have about 6 weeks to go!

12 comments:

Jodie said...

Wow, that is a little random...in a I-never-would-have-guessed-it sort of way. Hope everything gets under control and Davey is back to his wonderful self in no time. Good luck!

Erin said...

That stinks Kelly!! I will probably be dealing with that too sometime in the future. Jace's family has a major history of diabetes. Dad, Grandpa, cousins. Sorry to hear about that!

Danika said...

Symptoms of diabetes and symptoms of pregnancy look very similar! Hmmmm...

Hope David gets everything under control soon.

So you decided to go with Kai as a name? Very cute.

Cicily said...

I hate that story, that sucks. Good thing he has a good outlook, I would be pissed.

KacieFlake said...

Does your feet end up looking like the ones in the chart becuase if so...he does have some problems...

Meredith said...

I heard that type I does not run in families and is a total fluke, at least that is what my uncle with it says!! Hays he considered a pump? My friend uses an insulin pump and she loves it. I am sure he has a great attitude about it - he always has a good attitude about everything!

Lynnae said...

Wow!!! I never would have thought that David would be the one to develop it in the family. He always has seemed so healthy. Hope he gets it under control quickly and all goes well.

Lynnae said...

That stinks!

John M.

Kisha Atkin said...

Tommy!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for you comment, how are you?? congrats on your sweet baby thats coming to you guys soon! How wonderful. Oh, being a mom is the best. so good to hear from you, tell dave hello! keep in touch!

Natalie said...

uh..... does this run in MY family??? I don't like it if it does.

Nathan and Hailey Frogley said...

What kind of picture did you pose for when you were little?

Clint and Mari Cluff said...

That's to bad! A lot of people on my side of the family have diabetes and it's ruff. Having a good attitude can only help. Good luck!