Wednesday 8 July 2009

Meet and Greet



Full name: Kai David Merrell

Favorite food: homemade milkshakes

Best friend: the red birdie that dangles from my playmat




Most embarrassing moment: When my bowels errupted in the airport moments before my mom and Aunt Kacie had to pass though security. As they frantically took off their shoes, unpacked their 3 ounce containers and put all other articles in those dingy, gray plastic tubs, I was dripping in poo. Sadly, they discovered my eruption only as they were unbuckling me to put my carrier through the conveyer belt. It took them about 30 minutes and 43 wipes to clean up the mess. (EDITORS NOTE: The 43 wipes may have been an exaggeration, but we are talking leakage from the newborn support, through to the cloth cover, to the plastic carrier, to the base, and yes, there was even poo on the underneath of the base. Needless to say, we had fully underestimated the child's bowels up to that point.)



Most funny moment: When I let out a large and noisy amount of gas during a silent and spiritual moment of Elders Quorum. I smiled gleefully in relaxation as My Uncle Justin lifted me up for the other men to see my happy expression.

Interesting fact: even though I am barely 8 weeks old, I have been to 7 states!

Biggest goal: to be a missionary

Favorite TV show to watch: Cash Cab



Things that make me smile: my dad, mini blinds and relieving gas during Elders Quourm

Things that make me sad: getting sleepy, missing Grammy and tummy bubble pains

Thanks for getting to know me! I can't wait to get to know all of you!

12 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

Oh my goodness. I hope my baby is half as cute as yours!

Danika said...

He's so stinkin' cute! 7 states in 8 weeks...that's really impressive! Especially since you had a c-section, Kelly!

I love the airport poop story. Every parent has one like that, so welcome to the club! We had a similar experience with projectile vomiting with Brandon the very first time we took him to church (during the quiet sacrament of course) at 2 weeks old. It was everywhere. He and I just went home.

Merrill Family said...

You will get it! Love the story of the airport! It never happens at a perfect moment. The sleeping thing that is totally normal! He will figure it out. Growing babies adjust their schedules however they please. luv ya

Katrina said...

SUPER CUTE KELLY! Even better since you are doing it sleep deprived. No worries about odd sleep patterns. They will change weekly.

Kids are growing at such a phenomenal rate that its a roller coaster of good days and bad. Just stick with it, ask for help, and really start to lower your expectations for the day - try to get 1 thing done. Like, if you eat, that's 1 thing... forget going to the post office any more...

Natalie said...

Kelly it has been so long since I have looked at any blogs... Sorry for the delay, but Kai is freaking adorable!! Where the heck did you get that kid.... LOVE LOVE LOVE him and I can't wait to meet him when you guys get back!!!!

Randi said...

Haha, cash cab.... awesome.

Angela said...

oh my goodness he is soooo adorable! Beautiful! and handsome! Congratulations!!

DeEdra said...

No one has a bowel movement like a baby! Who knew that someone so small could produce so much and of course, always at the most inconvenient time. And 43 may be more accurate then you think! He sure is growing and boy, I think he looks like grandpa!

Micah and Aaron said...

He is so cute!!! The airport story was so funny!!! They do always seem to find the most inconvenient time to mess their pants!!! I hate to say this, but it doesn't get any better as they get older!!!

Holly West said...

He is a keeper:) The gas and poo of kids (and usually adults) always tends to be funny.

Annalee decided to release her gas during the dedication of my great uncles grave. That was fun.

Oh Kells isn't it great...you are a wonderful mother I can tell. Keep posting those beautiful pictures...I am absolutely jealous of his hair!

LaShelle said...

Kelly! This is too cute! Thanks for helping us get to know Kia better! Miss you guys tons!

Ben and Dena said...

Look at those eyes! Already so blue! He is just too cute! Congrats!