Wednesday 11 June 2008

The Fabulous Philippines!








He actually let me do it. We saved up, bought the tickets and went back to the islands. Dave and I traveled with our friends, Whitney and Kamaili Bunn (she also served her mission there). We had THE BEST time. I got to see old friends, visit with President LeSueur, and see the tourist sights as well. The hardest part about the trip is the amount of time it takes to get there. It was Dave's first international travel experience, and he loved it! He actually became pretty good at the language, Tagalog. There are so many things that you cannot explain about this place, you just have to see how crazy it is for yourself. I had two favorite parts of our trip. I loved attending church in Binan, where I got to see so many old friends. Also, we went island hopping to Palawan. It is absolutely beautiful there. I can't wait to go back again! Although, I won't miss eating fish and rice for breakfast.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! LOVE the Videoke video! You should try out for American Idol your stage presence is incredible!

-Chris

Brie said...

It looks so beautiful! What a fun vacation you must have had! Once you get hooked on the international travel, its hard to stop! So many great places, right?

Erin said...

KELLY!! Remember me? It's Erin Packard! I found your blog through Kelly Crowders and I'm SO happy I did! So guess what? I totally know your mission president!! Well, I'm pretty sure it's the same LeSueur's. From Gilbert, right? I went to Mozambique with his daughters Stacy and Kristen and they are good good friends of my aunt and uncle. Small world. AND, I didn't know you and David got married. How long ago did that happen? I'm so happy to catch up on your life! Check out my blog... I have a few updates from the last time we saw each other as well. Love ya!!

Jodie said...

fun times! Glad you informed me of your blog! Now I get to blog stalk you guys, too! :) Looks like your trip was a blast--and how cool that you went with Maili and Whitney!

Tiffany*Adam*Jocelyn*Parker said...

Hey! I'm so glad you found our blog! It looks like you guys had such a fun time on your trip. I'm so jealous! Ya we were in your uncle's ward until the wards split. They split in Oct. or Nov. of last year. But yeah, they are an awesome family.