Wednesday 25 June 2008

Arizona vs. Colorado

So, you may ask, what are we doing in Colorado anyway? Well, David found an amazing job opportunity with Icon Security. Ask me more if you want to live in a random city next summer. It is a ton of fun! We have met the greatest people and we get to explore a new city and state. We've only been here about a month, but here are some of my observations about the differences between these two great states.



Phoenix: dollar store or pharmacy on every corner.
Denver: liquor store on every corner.

Phoenix: logically ordered streets with corresponding directions .
Denver: twisty turny streets with no way to tell which direction you are heading...I could kiss the person who invented the grid system.

Phoenix: 112 means a great day.
Denver: someone told me it was SO HOT today at 90. Ha.

6 comments:

Danika said...

I had to laugh at my friend in Southern California who, when I told her we were coming to visit in a few weeks, warned me that "it might be pretty hot!" I think she must have had a brain cramp and forgotten that I live in Arizona...

Davis Family said...

Hey Kelly,
I am glad you commented on my blog. Trevor and Sarah don't have a blog, but I will be sure to give them your address so he can see the pictures, I am sure he would love to see them. Thanks!

Vudochki said...

are you selling security systems too, Kelly?

Cicily said...

Don't get too sold on Denver, you still have to come back.

Joe said...

Colorado is way better. What are you guys doing this weekend?

Brie said...

Count Colorado out for me if the streets are hard to understand. I get lost on the easy "grid" roads! Pathetic, I know. And Chelsie is from Orem so its pretty likely she is LDS. Everyone here is! Glad to see I am not the only in love with the show!