Wednesday 16 July 2008

Race Day



Well, those of you who really know me probably think this is a stolen race number. But the truth is, ever since I married into the Merrell family I've really gotten in touch with my inner athlete. These are picture of Dave and I are just after the Highlands Ranch 4th of July 5K Race. For those of you as clueless as I once was, that is a little over three miles. Not too bad in low, flat Arizona. But in the high elevations running up hills for half an hour...it sucks. Let's just say my relationship with running is fragile and we're about to break up. Nevertheless, it really does feel good to know you accomplished something like this and I am proud of how I pushed myself.

4 comments:

Erin said...

GO YOU! Being a total non-athlete, I get really proud of people who do things like this because it would take a lot for me to accomplish it. Thanks for giving me a little inspiration!

KacieFlake said...

We're goin to the race, we're gonna win first place, and YOU have and ugly face.
Just kidding, love you like a sister

Katrina said...

More power to ya girl. Me, I run only when chased, and only then if it's life threatening.

I've heard that it is really, um, liberating, and that there is a "high," and that it feels real good... like watching "Ace of Cakes" with some chocolate covered raisins in your lap.

Good luck with your running relationship. I tip my hat to ya. Feel free to flag me down though if you'd like to finish out the race in my air conditioned Honda.

I don't think the Merrill's would take kindly to it - just like that time I offered to let Dave use our gas powered lawn mower when he was doing it the hard way with the push one. For fun. And to save the environment. ;D

Angela said...

I'm so proud of you!! I better get back to running if Kelly Ann is!!