Tuesday 29 July 2008

What we love about Icon

The company Dave works for this summer, Icon, is wonderful! One of the things we love is all of the fun incentives. The last one was Diving for Dough. They threw over $200 in change into the pool. The boys had 10 seconds to dive down and grab as much as possible. So fun!



This may appear to be an ice scraper and a pooper scooper to the untrained eye. But to us, they represent hours of failed experiments trying to find the perfect tools to collect money on the bottom of the pool. We also tried a pool vac and some Magyver-inspired wire hanger and duct tape thing.






David looking like Kronk.



My love in his 6 dollar shorts we got in the Philippines...Justin in his 20 dollar shorts that he bought from the family auction. They used to belong to Grandpa. Quite frankly, they make me sick.




This was David's most successful dive...$7.25!

9 comments:

Merrill Family said...

Dairy Queen?!?! I think you are the one that got us in that mess!!! Wink wink. Looks like you are having fun and making some spending cash at the pool! Congrats on the marathon. Tell the swim short guy I rate him a 9 on the geek o meter!

logan t. daly said...

disney monopoly is amazing, i will give you that, but boy oh boy i made up a game that is ten times as profab. its a crazy cool board game that involves a board full of these little squares that you place your little characters on and you also have little cards that go with your little characters and its not even a little fun it is SO fun. anywho you are right i dont think anybody else even reads my stinky blog :) i need to be more interesting. sounds like you and the lesser half are doing well though. last time i went to the pool all i got was bloodshot eyes and a stubbed toe. . .ya thats a lie. bye :P

Katrina said...

I think the shorts are HILARIOUS! Ya! Bring on the Rainbow Bright for Boys! Totally awesome.

As for nerdiness, try this site:
http://www.xach.com/nerd-name/

Merrill Family said...

The geek o meter was when we went to phoenix to get homecoming dresses the year I went with Fransisco! Your mom was asking me about him and what he was like.......
But funny that you said the wig wams. My mom and I went to Flagstaff yesterday and it's always a conversation piece when we drive past there. That very well could have been another geek o meter night!

Rachel said...

Ty just remembered last night that that is where he knew you from. He was best friends with Britini's brother Brad and with her husband Derek. He remembered you being her roomate, and that you had a deep obsession with cheese. I am actually Britini's visiting teacher in Thatcher now. It's a small world!

Merkley Jiating said...

Psychology is good. But I think you fit your job well.
-Emily

logan t. daly said...

ya there is not much i can really say about my wife, just picture someone who is 10 times better than me in every conceivable way. give her a smokin body and an adorable face, then add a handful of Sass. throw in some R&B for sheer groove and then add some more groove to her hind quarters. then slap all that in an elegant mold comparable to Audrey Hepburn and that's my wife :)

Meredith said...

What a crazy way to make a living!...lol!!!

logan t. daly said...

no no no my wife is the sweet one. ya x-men is a good one. the second one is my fav of that series. the third one things just 'sploded and thats not that fun. who's a nerd? oh ya thats me